† Peter (b 1828 in Kiedrich, Germany) ** Elizabeth FINK née Wash (b 1840 in Colchester, Essex)
Family history is a subject that many find fascinating and absorbing, but it can also at times be somewhat frustrating. The internet is a great facility for the pursuance of research and also to find and maintain contact with near and distant relatives.An excerpt from the novel by Richard Llewellen “How Green was my Valley” describes a dream which no doubt many family historians experience:
“I saw behind me those who had gone, and before me, those who are to come. I looked back and saw my father, and his father, and all our fathers, and in front, to see my son, and his son, and the sons upon sons beyond. And their eyes, were my eyes. As I felt, so they had felt, and were to feel, as then, so now, as tomorrow and forever. Then I was not afraid, for I was in a long line that had no beginning, and no end, and the hand of his father grasped my father’s hand, and his hand was in mine, and my unborn son took my right hand, and all up and down the line that stretched from time that was to time that is and is not yet, raised their hands to show the link and we found that we were one.”
We do hope you find this site, the official Peter and Elizabeth Fink Family Tree Site, interesting. Through the site, we the descendants of a number of Peter Fink and Elizabeth Wash’s ten children who lived past infancy, hope to be able to reach out to other descendants. Whilst we have pooled our resources of photos, data and details of Peter and Elizabeth and their lives, there is so much more yet to be discovered.
If you have knowledge of or have a possible connection to Peter Fink or Elizabeth Wash either as descendants or from their antecedents in Germany, England or wherever, then we want to hear from you. Please feel free to use our Blog to make comments or request more information. Click on that link or select Fink Family Blog from the menu bar above.
Mention has to be made of those who have been actively involved in this site. Descendants who have shared information and freely given of their time as well as sharing family photos and images, have made this site possible. Those descendants include:
- Alan – grandson of George Henry Fink, who in turn was the fifth child of Peter and Elizabeth
- Roy and Alison – grandson and grand-daughter-in-law of Wilfred Fink who in turn was the fourth child of William Fink who in turn was the sixth child of Peter and Elizabeth
- Barbara – granddaughter of Frank Moss who in turn was the second child of Mary Ann Rebecca Fink who in turn was the seventh child of Peter and Elizabeth.
- Sharon – granddaughter of Ernest Edward Moss who in turn was the fifth child of Mary Ann Rebecca Fink who in turn was the seventh child of Peter and Elizabeth
- Helen – granddaughter of Conway Fink who was the second son of Peter Thomas Fink who in turn was the fourth child of Peter and Elizabeth
- George – grandson of William Fink who in turn was the sixth child of Peter and Elizabeth
- Paul – great grandson of Valentine James Fink who was the third child of Peter and Elizabeth